Followers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Metamorphis Monday - CD Cases into Art

Recently my husband found a new container to hold his CDs rather than the cases. My job was to move all the CDs to the new case freeing up a lot of room. Well, I'm a collector, pack rat, hobbyist, and general keeper of good stuff. I had seen an idea in a Country Living Magazine where they had taken a poster and cut it in pieces and used the individual CD cases to hold the poster. Cute - wasn't too excited about framing someone else's work. Gave 15 or so to one friend that does watercolors - I'm waiting for little examples of her work. Gave another 15 or so to another friend who is a mixed media artist. Two weeks ago she called and wanted to show me the example of her little assemblage/mixed media pieces. I absolutely was so excited about her work. She and I both do some of the same generic work (but you couldn't see the similarity between our works except the CD case). Below are my first creations. It would be a cute way to do mini scrapbook pages for grandma, vacation mementos, a freinds special occasion. Lots of ideas, so little time.


































Susan at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ hosts Metamorphis Monday, so stop by her site for lots of inspiration.






5 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I gotta tell ya' those are so darn cute! What a great idea and yes, perfect for a small scrapbooks. Isn't retirement GREAT!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

You are so creative! What a cute way to transform the cases.

Thanks for sharing.

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are just adorable, think of the possibilites. The cases are like little frames. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Decor To Adore said...

Your metamorphosis is absolutely fabulous. I so hope that you enjoy every bit of it.

Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Hi. I'm your new follower, and I love your fun and funny photos! So cute!