Followers

Friday, March 28, 2014

Oh when does a golf ball display case turn into a jewelry display?

A couple (or several) years ago I found this great case to display golf balls on a really spectacular discount at Michael's.   Was going to do a lot of things with it.   Display elephants, display quarter scale minis or figure out a way to get the shelves out and put in cup hooks and display jewelry.    That last idea won.    Well it was really a job getting the shelves out.   I thought they were just glued in but they were notched and fit into the sides.   Well, a little heating to loosen the glue, a little prying with a screw drive and I finally got one shelf out.    About an hour later I had all but one out and was ready to put in cup hooks.   


 
 
 
I am really pleased with the way it turned out.   The little round dipping areas that held the gold balls make a great place for ear rings.  
 
Now this doesn't handle all my jewelry so stay tuned for another idea for more storage.     
 
 

No comments: