Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Little fishing village - not a fairy garden

I have been following a lot of boards on Pinterest that feature fairy gardens.   I like the concept, but I'm not a fairy sort of person.   But I do like the little gardens.    I had his basket that had been in a closet for about 4 years and was beginning to attract little bugs.   I decided it had to go.   But I still liked it.   I decided I would gather up my little buildings that I made in a local ceramics course from a few years ago and see if I could make little village.  
Basket with dirt being added. 
 
Here's the finished basket.   It has 4 little houses, a lake made of a plate as base and blue half-marbles.   The mushrooms are working as trees.   You can't see it here, but there are 4 air plants in the village.  
 
 
 
I added a fence and on the right side, there is a bicycle on the fence.   Look close!
 
 
 
This is the view coming up my sidewalk.   I hid the little brace that sticks out from the corner of the basket.   There are tiles under each corner now so it won't be sitting on wet ground.   I know the basket won't last forever, but it will last several years.   By then I will probably have another container that can step up to the job..   

No comments: