Followers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Assemblage



Wrapped Assemblage - my first exposure to any wrapped art was in Kansas City Missouri several decades ago. Christo wrapped the sidewalks of Loose Park in yellow cloth. It was awesome.
Image my surprise when I was assigned in a mixed media course to do a wrapped object. The first item was the wrapped shower caddy, razor, washcloth and shampoo bottle. Since I really believe we should recycle items, I used brown grocery sacks. It was a very fun project and turned out interesting. When completed, one of my classmates asked if anyone had used blue painter's tape. Since no one had, I tried it at home. The pencil can has a loose diplay of pens, pencils and a pair of scissors - wrapped in painter's tape. As you rearrange the contents, the display keeps changing.

No comments: