Followers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Chance to Dance in France




My inspiration for this piece came from a section of Key West called House Boat Row. It was a series of houseboats of various sizes (about a dozen if my memory serves me well) that connected to the seawall. It is no longer here due to a long drawn-out court case about who owned the sea bottom and the citizens rights to tie up to the state's sea wall. Lots of legal mumbo-jumbo, but bottom line, they all had to move their house boats. We started coming to Key West in 1987 and moved here in 1994. One of the boats had a sign on the front that was "A chance to dance in France.". It captured our imagination and we loved what it implied. It stuck with me and I had to dedicate this assemblage to that free-spirit thought.

2 comments:

joshua said...

I must say that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited!

Congrats!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Unknown said...

Joshua - thanks so much for your very nice comment.