Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

Lots of dishes repurposed

 
Recently my friend Michele told me she had acquired a lot of dishes, glasses, serving pieces, etc for a good price and maybe I'd like to join her in making some new uses for old dishes. After scouring my house for dishes and purchasing a few at the dollar store, I joined her yesterday for a great morning.
 
 
What a great place to work.  Covered but looks out to the canal.  

Some of the items made.   Amazing how classy a bowl looks when put on a base.  

The 3 bowls on this end are mine, the next two are Michelle's and they sit on candle sticks that had prisms hanging from them.   Really a lovely look  



There are several being weighted down.   The one with books on it is a vase mounted on a plate.   It will be used as a cake stand and the vase is still usable with the plate elevating it a bit

Michele tweaking the arrangement.

Sorry the picture is a bit dark. 

There I am with one of my creations.  


What a fun way to spend the morning.   Making stuff.   Still lots of things to make, but the creative juices are running.  

No comments: