Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Starting on the yard - Step 1

If you read my post yesterday, you probably picked up on how much I loved the gardens of the studios on the TSKW Studio Tour over the weekend. 

I have one area behind my television room that has been looking really neglected.   Had our yard guy cut down a really poorly placed tree (my doing and my mistake) and it looked even worse.  

This morning my first stop on a list of errands was Home Depot, garden department.   River Rock.

Came home and started sprucing things up.   Moved everything off the existing gravel area.    Here is what I was dealing with then. 

The things on the original river stones was just neglected and growing quite randomly. 


 Moved every thing off.
Benny loved the new cleared area.  He thought it was a special place to get a sun bath.

 This is one of my favorite things.   It came from a glass factory in Oklahoma.   When they were finished with a job, the glass was just dumped.   Over the years it has broken in smaller pieces, but it is quite impressive. 
I arranged all the shells, --I love shells.  

 Here's the finished arrangement.   A little bright. 
Another picture in the partial shade.   It looks clean and neat and not neglected any longer.   Now on to another area.  Stay tuned.... 

No comments: