Followers

Monday, March 2, 2015

Art and Soul Retreat - Day 1


It's 2:30 in the morning and I am ready to go Make Something!!!    Unfortunately, it's way too early.   Have talked to Ron and he was amazed that I was up already, but the old body clock doesn't stop just because you change to 3 time zones earlier.   Hopefully I will get a few thoughts off my mind and go back to sleep until it's time to go down and find breakfast.

Wow, I know Key West and Portland , Oregon are far apart but after about 3 hours of a 5 hour flight, the thrill went out of the flight.   Dinner on the flight was very good.   I did manage to get a short nap, but it didn't readjust my body clock.

When I got to the hotel, there were still having an opening gathering and I went and met a few of the instructors and visited with Marie, the first Art and Soul Person I met two years ago.    Got to see an upclose view of my first class  that I am taking - I can't wait.    Pictures to follow!

Got my first trade.  "What is a trade?" you ask.    It can be anything and you swap with other people.   I made stamps to use in paintings out of wine corks;  wire wrapped pieces to use on necklaces or other art pieces and made up bags of interesting beads and other interesting items.      Two years ago, I got such interesting things and used them in all sorts of various pieces.   I"m sure it will be great this year too.  

Went to my class and worked fast and hard all day.  The class was a tin shrine.


Top left is tin shrine as received.
Bottom left after sanding, painting and re sanding.
Top right is main panel.   
Bottom right is nearly finished.   Don't like the too shiny hearts.  

Class was taught my Laurie Mika.  


Evenings:

Took a collage class by Susan Schenk

Can't wait to get it framed; then I can search for wall space.   






No comments: