Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Art and Soul Retreat - Day 2


A much better night.   Didn't wake up wide awake in the middle of night.   That's a good thing.   

I am taking another collage class today.   Today's class is called COLLAGE A PET.   That should be fun.  I brought about 6 pictures for inspiration.   I have one with Benny and Uno (our cat), but don't know if it will be the best model to do.   I learned lots last night about collage.   Things I never knew.  This class is also taught by Susan  Schenk.    The first time I had seen her works was in the  publication, Cloth, Paper, Scissors.    It's amazing that you an do so much with just strips of paper cut from magazines and old scraps of craft paper, maps, newspapers, etc.   Recylcing at its finest.   Makes me really happy all those magazines are not going into land fills.   

The other things about her classes is she supplies all the items needed to do the class.   When you're travelling with tons of stuff, that's a real incentive to do her class.   Today the only thing we had to bring was a picture of our pet.   Last night, nothing.   This really works well for me.   

The following pictures are, from left to right.   Photo of Benny, pieces being glued to background in the next 7 pictures, finished with me holding the finished project.

The following projects are of other projects in the class.   Sorry I can't put the rooster, McKenzie is it's name, upright.   Tough doing blogging on my iPad.   Will get better tho.
The following are all framed.   These were examples the instructor had done.
Here I am again

It has been a great day.   Having fun!!   Come back tomorrow and see day 3.  

1 comment:

Barb K said...

Looks like you're having so much fun!