Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Little Box that Grew Up to be a Table!

I love yard sales and I love wooden boxes.   I have such a weakness for them that I buy them, mostly when I don't have a clue what I will do with them.    This box appears to be made by an individual and not a factory.   The drawer is way smaller than the box (there could have been a big drawer in it), but guess what - IT WAS ONLY $1 - one dollar, how could I go wrong.

After ruling out lots of uses, I decided it should be a table.   I looked for months on eBay for table legs.   When they got up to 35 - 40 $, I was out.   Didn't want an expensive table - just a table.   When I saw these Ikea legs for $8 on eBay plus shipping, I knew where I was headed.

Scrap board that just needed to be cut.   Width was already correct size. 

Started gluing letters to the box.   The glass was from an old project and was the perfect size.

Letters on the drawer.   It says PULL.  Who would have thought?

My eBay found Ikea legs.  Very easy to install. 

Top of the box.  The row (2nd back from front has my named, so I guess it's a signed piece.  

Front View. 

Out side view   New drawer pull installed. 

Moved inside.   It is so cute.  



I just love little tables (although I have too many of them).   I love a finished project.    Total price of box, legs and drawer pulls was less than $25.00.  

1 comment:

Michele said...

It turned out great!!