Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Yard redo

I've been posting a few posts on my yard.   When I went to the artist studio tour early this year, I was more impressed with the artists' gardens than their studios.    I did a little bit of the work myself, but decided I had too many achy joints to do it all myself.  

The before pictures looks like my yard was having a bad hair day.  

The pea rock has started to disappear.   The plastic to keep back the weeds have become all too prominent.   

BEFORE 

 The little area in back looks like it has been neglected for a long time.   No real plan here. 


 Side yard isn't any better.   You can see our outdoor shower.   Very nice when we have a house full of people.   When Aaron brought his Army buddies home, they loved it.  
 Next to the round block, you can see some boards.   That was our stairs on two entrance.  They were very unsteady and I was sure either my husband or I would 'break' something very important.   Don't want that to happen. 
 Side entrance to our yard.   It looks better when he trash containers are put in the proper place.  
 
AFTER
 
Fixed the boards for stairs and our landscape guy had blocks of stone cut.   Very sturdy!
 Had a short wall built to keep the pea rock in it's place. 


 I wanted a grapefruit tree.   I got a cocktail tree.   It has grapefruit, Persian Lime, Myer Lemon and Tangelos on it.    
 In the back going round the house. 
 Side yard.
 Side stair.   Maybe I won't fall on my bottom when I step outside. 


 Birdbath revamped and moved.   The mosaic is very attractive when the sun in shining on it. 
 Our Desert Rose.   It's a lovely plant. 
 
I still have one little thing for the yard.   I have ordered banana trees for the yard.   I love bananas and the trees look so very tropical.   
 
 
 
 

No comments: