Followers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Art and Soul - Virginia Beach - iPad as Photo Art Studio

As I said earlier, the size of the item makes a lot of difference when you are traveling by plane.   Something else that enters into the decision for me is 'do I have to wait for the item to dry or cure in some way before I can pack it?'    The last evening I was there, I signed up for iPad as Photo Art Studio.    I must say I was a bit luke warm on the issue.   I have an iPad and an iPhone and love them; take a lot of photos and like to post them and have some printed   Really didn't have a clue - not a clue - as to how I would create art on an iPad.   Oh well, I wouldn't have an item that needed to dry and I had the time so I would take it.   It was not  late addition to my classes, but a conscious decision that it would be a good way to spend my last night there.  
 
Well, I must say I was absolutely delighted with the results.   Learned more about my iPad than I thought was possible and the apps recommended were absolutely delightful.
 
I googled this morning to see how many apps are out there and apparently it is somewhat over 700,000 apps today - I'm sure more tomorrow.
 
Catherine Anderson recommended a bunch of apps and I ordered all that she recommended and my total cost was under $15 and a few were free.   Very little cost for lots of possibilities. 
 
I will not list her recommended apps because she has gone to lots of trouble finding and learning to use apps and teaches those classes and I believe her class recommendations are proprietary and I will let you either take her class when you have a chance or browse the app store for ones you want to use.  
 
If you get a chance, take her class.
 
Here are some of the things you can do.   (I'm not a professional photographer, but a real excited amateur).  
 
 
The original picture.   My son in high school  
 
Made a post card from the original picture. 
 
Highlighted my son from the picture.  
 
Original Key Lime picture I took so I could do an oil painting from it. 
 
Same picture made to look very old. 
 
Same picture with "Key Lime" all over it. 
 
Same picture made into a post card. 
 
A very nondescript picture of two of my corgis.   Really blah!!!!!
 
Same picture cropped and highlighted.   Still not a fantastic picture, but much better.  
 
I feel I have just scratched the surface on what I can do, but for the investment in time (about 3 1/2 hours), I certainly go my money's worth!.   Very good class and I would urge you to take it if you get a chance.  
 
I certainly have enjoyed sharing my first Art and Soul Experience with you.   Everything was wonderful.   A special thank you to Marie Kennedy who was waiting for the restaurant to open on my first day of classes and asked me to join her.   It was a delightful meeting and if I wasn't excited enough about the event, she really fired me up.   Thanks Marie.  
 

No comments: