Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Art and Soul - Virginia Beach - Tin Dreams Pendant - Jen Crossley

How does one decide what classes to take.   First, remember my chant YOU ARE FLYING HOME when looking at the size.   I also love jewelry and anything that could fall under the category of 'funky'.   Well, Jen Crossley's work falls into that category and I thought it would be great fun.   So my 2nd night, I went to her Tin Dreams Pendant session.    What a session.   I would have sworn that everyone started out in the Boardroom because twice they broke out in song.    Knowing that I hadn't seen any of these lades upstairs, it must have been the atmosphere.   Great fun.

Jen getting ready to start the class.   Doesn't she look happy.   What a great way to start a class. 

 Samples of her work.   Aren't they great. 
 My two completed pieces.  
I loves these little old fuse boxes.   They are so cute. 

 
I love the above piece.   I learned how to burn the paint off the box without, I repeat WITHOUT, setting myself on fire or burning down the building I was in.   Great ease in doing it and a great finished result. 



Here I am with both of my pendants.   Generally I wouldn't wear them both together, but I didn't want either one to think I was showing favoritism to the other so I wore them both.   

Great fun and very soon I am going to start burning paint off other boxes.  Hopefully I will have great results here too. 



2 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Your necklace look amazing what a fun class we had that's what it is all about making art and having fun xxx

Catherine Anderson said...

Wish I'd been able to do this class. Amazing that you were able to create two wonderful pendants in an evening.