Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Art and Soul - Virginia Beach - Winsome Treasure - Lisa Kaus

As I mentioned before, I adore Lisa's work and when I had an opportunity to take her 2nd class, I jumped at it.

This is what we started with.   A wooden box like item about 6 inch square.   


This is what I ended up with.   I'm so sorry about no pictures during the process.   I guess my brain was taking a little vacation or something.   Just didn't pull out my camera.   

I love stamps and I love hearts and that was the basis for the front.   The little hearts at the bottom are water soluble crayons.   Again, I didn't know what these things were or how to use them.   I think they will be a staple in my supplies in the future.    The little car was just something that I thought fit. 
Two wooden watermelon slices and one drawn slice.   Again, the water soluble crayon does a wonderful job. 
I like maps and had to fill more space than just the map and again the little green dots look really cute.   I liked the little 'home' at the tip of the mainland.   I live in Key West.  
Here was the other side. 
 
This was such a fun project.   To keep from having the box sit directly on a shelf, there are little wooden buttons on each corner to keep it raised up a bit.
 
Okay, we are 5 classes down.   The 6th and final class I attended will come tomorrow.   
 
 
 
 

No comments: